FAQ » hosting
How to Password Protected Directories in cPanel
To password protect a directory:
- Log into your cPanel and click on the Password Protect Directories icon found under Security.
- Choose Web Root (you may also need to select Show Hidden Files)
- Click on the name of the directory that you wish to password protect.
- Check the box for Password protect this directory.
- Fill in Name the protected directory field. This will be the message shown to visitors when they try to login and can be anything you like.
- Click on the Save button below.
- Click Go Back.
- Fill in a Username and Password at the bottom of the page, and click Add/modify authorized user.